Monday, July 11, 2011

A new project, finally...I know I'm a slacker

So months ago - seriously March or something like that, my mom and our friend Katherine did a favor for me by going to salvation army very early in the AM to scope out a large dresser for my room to act as a dresser/bedside table. They found a piece for a great price and I was dispatched to go pick it up. Then it sat in my living room as a makeshift sofa table for a while. Well about a month and a half ago I had a big weekend of sanding then priming, painting, painting and painting it. The multi coats of paint took it from a fairly dark stain to a crisp white. I was concerned about the finish being really bumpy, but was assured my many fellow DIY bloggers that I could sand off that bumpiness (they were right) and that it was not in fact ruined. Thank you KFD Designs and Young House Love for the tips! So then it sat in the dining room again acting as a sofa table for a few weeks. Well this weekend, I finally made friends again and finished the white touch ups and added on the pretty colored accents with glidden paint in hot pink (Disney's Invitation to a princess) and orange (behr's red hot). Sorry my before pictures aren't great.
Drawer before

Top Before




During - primed and painted
 
Drawer During








Detail After


After!




3 comments:

Kristen said...

it's soooo cute! great job.

Matters of Style said...

Adorable! Love the colors!

LindsB said...

LOVE that dresser, so so cute!